Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... American Headway
- American Headway Starter is aimed at absolute beginners, or those who have learned a little English but lack the confidence to build on it. It provides a solid foundation for American Headway 1.
- Its measured, step-by-step approach builds both skills and confidence.
- The right mix of language work and plentiful practice material enables learners to consolidate their knowledge of key points before proceeding further.
- The clearly defined grammatical syllabus includes past, present and future time and provides a thorough basis on which to build.
- The presentation of new language is gradual, methodical and clearly structured, giving learners a clear sense of progression.
- The vocabulary syllabus focuses on high-frequency survival terms and avoids overload.
- The gradual introduction of simple skills work with manageable communicative activities gives learners a sense of achievement.
- 'Everyday English' practices social expressions in common situations and shows how learners can apply their knowledge in practical ways.
Do interactive exercises to improve your English with American Headway online.