Headway Academic Skills 1 Reading, Writing, and Study Skills Teacher's Guide with Tests CD-ROM
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474162-0
- Pages: 64
- Binding: Mixed media format
- Dimensions: 276x219 mm
Headway Academic Skills can be used independently or alongside a general English course book such as New Headway or New Headway Plus. The course focuses on developing the specific skills required for academic studies and exploring strategies for success in academic learning. It also offers guidance in key study areas and provides plenty of practice to encourage learner independence.
This pack includes:
- Teacher's Guide
- Tests CD-ROM
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Headway Academic Skills
- Clear aims from the outset
- Relevant and interesting topics
- Full colour throughout for motivation
- Colour coding for easy use
- Study skills boxes outlining targets
- Tests in pdf and word format for easy adaptation
Headway Academic Skills can be used independently, or alongside a general English coursebook such as New Headway or New Headway Plus.
Designed for students moving on to academic studies or for those on a foundation programme, the series focuses on improving students' academic skills by:
• Developing the specific skills required for academic studies through a wide range of topics relevant to higher education.
• Exploring strategies to help students with new vocabulary, and to record, vary, and build their vocabulary.
• Offering guidance in undertaking research, and in acknowledging sources.
• Providing plenty of guided practice as well as freer practice to encourage learner independence in both pdf and word format for adapting to individual class needs.
Teacher's Guides are available at each level, with lesson notes, background information, answer keys to the Student Book activities, and photocopiable extension activities.
The accompanying CD-ROM provides a range of tests. Class audio CDs are provided for the Listening, Speaking, and Study Skills titles.
For self-study or homework, students can download the audio for the Review pages of each Listening, Speaking, and Study Skills unit.
With answer keys and suggested timings, the Tests CD-ROMS are a quick and easy way to check your students>' progress.
Available for Listening, Speaking, and Study Skills and Reading Writing, and Study Skills, each Tests CD-ROM is a flexible resource to practise and test the study skills taught at each level.
Each CD-ROM contains:
- Two mid-course tests
- Two end-of-course tests
And with parallel versions of each test, students really do have to answer the questions for themselves.