- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Lifelines Elementary Teacher's Book
Lifelines is a three-level English course at elementary, pre-intermediate and intermediate level aimed at adults and young adults. It has been developed in response to the demand for a manageable, easy-to-use coursebook with a strong syllabus and some flexibility, which classes can finish. It offers an alternative to Headway by a very popular author.
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Lifelines
- An up-to-date, friendly course which draws on a wide range of approaches to provide students with the balance of reflection, practice, and use necessary for effective language learning.
- The material is exceptionally involving and high in human interest - a hallmark of this popular author.
- The language syllabus is clear, comprehensive, and realistic in length.
- There is a discovery approach to language learning which encourages students to develop independent skills. This is reinforced by a comprehensive Grammar Reference at each level.
- It combines strong skills development, systematic vocabulary work, and an emphasis on functional English, with constant recycling. At Elementary level a 'Functional Language' reference draws together the practical everyday language that students need.
- An independent pronunciation syllabus introduces the IPA and covers English sounds, stress, and intonation.