Network 3 Student Book with Online PracticeNew
Five-level general English course that harnesses the power of social networking to help students learn English.
The Network Student Book with Online Practice harnesses the power of social networking to help your students learn English, both in class and at home. It motivates students with meaningful language practice and encourages collaborative learning.
Assign extra grammar, vocabulary, speaking, and listening practice online and take advantage of the extra features to track your students' progress, see their grades, communicate with them outside of class, and more.
- Student Book (available now)
- Online Practice (live August 2013)
Where to orderContact Oxford directly to place your order and for information and advice on any of our materials.
Part of... Network
- Student Book: One-page, one-lesson, one-outcome approach ensures achievement
- Student Book: Your Network activities help students to practice communication in class and online
- Student Book: Get Connected lessons build social media skills such as creating a personal profile and blogging in English
- Student Book: A photo-based storyline presents the language students need for work, school, and life, in a natural and motivating way
- Student Book: Original BBC Motion Gallery video and authentic documentaries develop real-world listening skills
- Online Practice: Allows you to assign up to 25 hours of extra grammar, vocabulary, speaking, and listening practice for the classroom or at home, and track your students' progress
- Online Practice: Features over 120 activities per level, including integrated video, audio, and speak and record dialogue practice
- Online Practice: Provides instant access to Student Book video and audio, Workbook audio, test audio, and answer keys
- Online Practice: Makes reviewing students' progress easy with integrated and downloadable tests, including unit quizzes, midterms, and finals
- Online Practice: Features extra teacher tools so teachers can create groups of students for differentiated instruction and set up online discussions
- Online Practice: The access code for Online Practice is printed on the inside back cover of the Student Book
Network is a general American English course that's easy to teach with and fun to learn from. The series uses social networking to teach English, providing authentic, meaningful skills practice to help students get more practice communicating, and to develop important social media skills.
Network's one lesson per page approach is clear, straightforward, and flexible. You can teach lessons straight off the page with minimum preparation. In addition, the "Now I can" statements at the end of each page enable you to benchmark learning outcomes against international standards.
Network features a variety of networking tasks to develop students' English skills in school, life, and at work. The "Your Network" tasks at the end of each unit invite students to develop their communication skills both in class and online. Get Connected lessons build social media skills, such as creating an online profile and blogging in English. Functional language is presented in the context of a fun photo story featuring characters that use networking to solve problems.
Network Online Practice offers you a robust blend of extra practice content and teacher resources. With over 120 activities per level, including integrated video and audio, students can access up to 25 hours of additional practice in the classroom or at home.
Students can access all Student Book video online including original BBC Motion Gallery content and authentic documentaries online with additional comprehension activities. Speak and record practice allows students to practice their conversation skills. Students record themselves as a character from the Conversation or Your Story pages in the Student Book then play the audio back to improve pronunciation and fluency.
A comprehensive testing program with over 20 tests per level makes it easy for you to review your students' progress throughout the course. The tests are automatically graded and reported to your class Gradebook, saving you time on marking.
Instant access to all Student Book video and audio and Workbook audio, encourages your students to learn independently and cuts down your preparation time. The original BBC Motion Gallery video content broadens students' horizons, and authentic documentaries develop real-world listening skills.
Activities are automatically graded, and the tracking tool gives you information on the activities your students access, letting you easily track their progress. Stay in touch with your students using the message and email features and set up Discussions on any topic.
The online Gradebook keeps you up to date with students' learning, making it easy for you to track and report on progress and letting you quickly identify strengths and weaknesses within a class. This helps with planning for mixed-ability classes, enabling you to create differentiated learning paths for groups of students.
Students can access the Network Online Practice by using the access code in the back of the Student Book.
How to get started with the Online Practice
Register or log in at www.oxfordlearn.com.
- Click Teacher tools and apply for a teacher account.
- We'll let you know when your account is open, within two working days.
- With your new teacher account, set up your class and give your students the student joining code for that class.
- Students register at www.oxfordlearn.com, and enter both their Online Practice access code and the student joining code.
That's it. Your students are ready to start their practice, you'll be able to track their progress and see their marks, and then use that information to improve your students' learning.
Go to www.oxfordlearn.com/requirements to check the settings for your computer's browser, operating system, and monitor display.