Business Result DVD Edition Elementary Student's Book with Interactive Workbook (including video), on DVD-ROM or online
- ISBN: 978-0-19-473937-5
- Binding: Mixed media format
Business Result helps those who need to communicate better in English at work, by teaching a range of business communication skills.
Business Result DVD edition features video clips for every unit, including documentary clips, authentic interviews and dramatized scenarios showcasing business communication skills.
The Interactive Workbook on the DVD-ROM will also be available online for teachers who want to offer a blended or distance learning course, and be able to communicate and collaborate with students outside of class.
This pack includes:
- Student's Book
- DVD-ROM with video and Interactive Workbook
- Access to Online Workbook
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Business Result DVD Edition
- NEW video material for every level, bringing the world of business into the classroom
- Practical, functional language presented and practised in a work-related context
- Real-world case studies offer authentic and engaging insights into key business issues
- The same video material is featured on both the Student’s Book DVD-ROM and the Teacher’s Class DVD, so that students can learn both in and out of the classroom
- Additional writing and reading materials available on the Business Result Teacher’s Site
- FORTHCOMING Online Workbook gives teachers the tools to track student progress, provide more personalized learning and communicate with students outside class.
Business Result combines a communicative approach with authentic business material and digital multi-media, to give in-work and pre-work students relevant and immediate communication skills.
Business Result's new video material brings the world of business into the classroom. Each unit includes a video clip that can be used as a focal point of discussion, to develop students' listening skills, introduce new vocabulary and teach the business communication skills that students need in context.
Business Result also provides skills and strategies for different business scenarios, such as talking to suppliers, entertaining customers, or updating colleagues. These help students to communicate confidently in everyday situations. They focus on key expressions, and then build up to a final task in which they put the new language into practice. Language and skills practice is available through activities in the Student's Book, the Workbook (available on DVD-ROM or online), and practice files on the Teacher's and Student's Websites.
Case studies present profiles of genuine organizations to make the learning context more authentic. This helps students understand how they can adapt their new-found language to real working life.
FORTHCOMING The Online Workbook offers students a blended learning package with interactive activities and automatic marking with the ability to see answers: all motivating students and encouraging independent learning.
Not only does the Online Workbook include all the activities and videos that are in the Workbook on DVD-ROM, it also offers extra extended Reading practice, and LMS tools for teachers.
Students can download all the Student's Book audio as mp3 files to listen to wherever and whenever they wish.
Teachers can track student progress and assign specific tasks to groups of students for a more personalized learning experience.
Teachers can communicate with students outside the classroom by setting up discussions using the topics provided, or creating their own topics. They can also set up live chat sessions to get students communicating quickly.
The student access code for the Online Workbook is on a card inside the book.
System requirementsGo to www.oxfordlearn.com/requirements to check the settings for your computer's browser, operating system and monitor display.
How to get started teaching with the Online Workbook
- Register or log in at www.oxfordlearn.com.
Teacher tools and apply for a teacher account.
We'll let you know when your account is open, within two working days.
- With your new teacher account, set up your class and give your students the student joining code for that class.
- Students register at www.oxfordlearn.com, and enter both their Online Workbook access code and the student joining code.
That's it. Your students are ready to start, you'll be able to track their progress and keep in touch with them out of class.