Express Series English for Telecoms and Information Technology A short, specialist English course.
Tom Ricca-McCarthy and Michael Duckworth
English for Telecoms and Information Technology is an ideal short course for anyone working in the telecoms and information technology sector.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-456960-6
- Pages: 96
- Binding: Mixed media format
- Dimensions: 260x195 mm
English for Telecoms and Information Technology is part of the Express Series. It is an ideal course for students in employment, who want to communicate better in English.
This short, intensive course can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly.
English for Telecoms and Information Technology can be used as a stand-alone course, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or alongside a coursebook such as International Express.
This pack includes:
- Student's Book
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Express Series
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive Multi-ROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice
English for Telecoms and Information Technology teaches students how to communicate effectively in these converging sectors.
English for Telecoms and Information Technology covers a range of subjects, including mobility, software, services, and media.
Units are divided into three cycles of a reading or listening comprehension, followed by language and communication activities. This structure allows students to learn new language in context, and practise new skills through a variety of exercises and activities.
Unit 1: Convergence in telecoms and IT: Convergence in technology, convergence in business, a converged future.
Unit 2: Mobility: Mobile devices, mobile technology.
Unit 3: Software: Software solutions, project management.
Unit 4: Networking: global infrastructure, network management.
Unit 5: Data centres and security: Data centres, information security, banking security.
Unit 6: Services: Managed services, Service Level Agreements.
Unit 7: Media: Television, media start-ups, website usability.
Unit 8: Society: Healthcare, surveillance, technology adoption in society.