Express Series English for the Energy Industry A short, specialist English course.
English for the Energy Industry is an ideal short course for anyone who needs English to communicate with colleagues and business contacts in the energy industry sector.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-457921-6
- Binding: Mixed media format
English for the Energy Industry is part of the Express Series. It is an ideal course for students in employment, who want to communicate better in English.
This short, intensive course can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly.
English for the Energy Industry can be used as a stand-alone course, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or alongside a coursebook such as International Express.
This pack includes:
- Student's Book
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Express Series
- Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
- Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
- STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
- OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
- Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book
- Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice
English for the Energy Industry gives students the necessary linguistic skills to understand daily situations in the work environment, and complex developments within the global energy sector.
English for the Energy Industry is divided into units by theme, such as energy production, environmental protection, technology, PR, business policy, and strategy.
Reading texts, diagrams, and authentic documents help students to learn key vocabulary and phrases in context. Role-plays allow learners to practise language and skills in realistic situations.
Unit 1: Introduction to the energy business: Fuels and energy sources, types of power plant, supplying the customer
Unit 2: Markets and customers: Residential, business, and industrial customers, supplying an industrial customer, breakdown in supply.
Unit 3: Protecting the environment: Energy saving, the image of the energy industry, technical measures to reduce pollution, the cost of protecting the environment.
Unit 4: The nuclear issue: Developments in nuclear power, the nuclear production process, safety and security issues.
Unit 5: Investment plans: Mergers and takeover, SWOT analyses, financial documents.
Unit 6: The future of energy: Future production, demand, and supply, departments and their functions, the fuel cell.