Going International Student's Book
This is an upper-intermediate English language course aimed at people training for or already employed in the tourism industry. It replaces Five Star English and will have a broad international appeal. The syllabus is topic-based. Each of the twelve units offers a range of reading and listening tasks developed from authentic sources, practising language in ways that students will use it in real life, e.g. role plays using the language of complaint, or planning a tour.
- Part of: Going International
- Level: Upper-Intermediate
- ISBN: 978-0-19-457400-6
- Pages: 200
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x210 mm
- 200 full-colour pages
- colour-coded unit design for easy use
- maps, facsimile texts and authentic documents
- Appendix with information for pair work activities
- tapescripts of all listening material
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Going International
- The course is topic-based, and focuses on key situations and issues that students will encounter during their professional lives.
- Each of the 12 units offers a range of reading and listening tasks developed from up-to-date, authentic sources which present the topic in a variety of stimulating ways.
- Practice is given in all four skills.
- Language focus sections review important areas of grammar, functional language and pronunciation.
- There is a strong emphasis on vocabulary development. End-of-unit sections summarize essential, up-to-date vocabulary for each topic area.
- Practical and realistic 'Output' tasks allow learners to apply new language and skills in work-related contexts.
- At the end of each unit an extended 'Activity' incorporates the subject matter and language work of the whole unit.