High Season Teacher's Book
A course which develops all-round competence in English.
- Part of: High Season
- ISBN: 978-0-19-451307-4
- Pages: 56
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 280x220 mm
- comprehensive teaching notes
- answer key
- ideas for adapting and extending activities
- suggestions for project work
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... High Season
- There are 12 free-standing units which cover a range of important topics, such as: Types of accommodation; Dealing with complaints; The business traveller.
- Each unit contains a balanced variety of listening, speaking, reading, and writing activities. A Language study section in each unit concentrates on the language structures that occur frequently in the context of hotel work.
- The reading and listening materials are authentic wherever possible and have been put together with the co-operation of a number of hotel chains, independent hotels, and tour operators. The text types vary from formal letters to computerized bills and rooming lists.
- Key vocabulary is introduced in context through the reading and listening passages, and is developed in Word study sections. The Vocabulary section at the end of each unit consists of a monolingual glossary of important words and expressions.