Oxford English for Careers: Engineering 1 Student's BookNew
- Level: Engineering
- ISBN: 978-0-19-457949-0
- Pages: 136
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x210 inches
Engineering 1 is ideal for pre-work students, studying at pre-intermediate level, who will need English to communicate effectively in the Engineering industry.
Engineering 1 develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students need for use in a range of different types of engineering, including Mechanical, Electronic, Electrical, Design, Civil & Structural, Aerospace, and Materials, with a special focus on number work throughout.
Where to orderContact Oxford directly to place your order and for information and advice on any of our materials.
- Authentic and up-to date information in every unit, written and checked by engineering industry insiders
- Topic-based syllabus, covering a range of types of engineering, including mechanical, electronic, and aerospace
- Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations
- Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the engineering industry
- Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages
- The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers
Engineering 1 is suitable for students studying for a career in the engineering industry.
Engineering 1 provides students with authentic articles and exercises that teach language in context, and are relevant to the workplace. The up-to-date technical content is supported by a Physics Bank, grammar reference, and extensive glossary, which supplies a wealth of industry-specific vocabulary. The Its my job section in each unit adds a real-life dimension, and covers a variety of jobs and specialisms within the engineering industry.
In addition, the Number Talk section of the course places special emphasis on using numbers in an engineering context.
The course supports teachers in the vocational teaching situation, providing them with specialist background information for the industry.