Oxford English for Careers: Tourism 1 Class Audio CD
Tourism teaches pre-work students to communicate accurately in English, within the context of a career in tourism.
Tourism is ideal for pre-work students, studying at pre-intermediate to upper-intermediate levels, who will need to use English in work situations.
Tourism is divided into three levels: Provision, Encounters, and Management. Each of these levels develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students will need to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues, whether working in an administrative or managerial role.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Oxford English for Careers
- Authentic and up-to date information in every course, written and checked by industry insiders
- Clear and straightforward structure, with each unit containing a menu of learning outcomes, and an end-of-unit checklist with 'Can do' tick boxes
- Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations
- Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the industry
- Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages
- Additional activities and tests in the Teacher's Resource Book make the course suitable for mixed-ability classes
- The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers
- Project work in the Student's Book, additional activities on the Student's website, and a Key words list of essential vocabulary at the end of every unit provide extra opportunities for revision
Tourism 1 (Provision) addresses the areas of tourism related to the creation, promotion, and selling of typical tourism products, such as flights and package holidays.
Tourism 2 (Encounters) presents students with the English they need for face-to-face contact with tourists and holidaymakers.
Tourism 3 (Management) covers the language needed to discuss and work with tourism issues at a basic managerial level.
'It's my job' sections provide students with extra visual material, and offer an insight into the lives of real people who work in tourism. The profiles are based on authentic interviews and sources, and teach students about the skills required for different business environments.
The 'Customer Care' sections form a useful training manual for customer care practice, which can be related directly to specific jobs in tourism.
Listening, reading, speaking, and writing activities throughout the course give realistic and communicative practice of the language skills needed in tourism. Students then develop these skills through project work in the 'Find Out' section, which encourages them to take an active role in the learning process.
The course supports teachers in the vocational teaching situation, providing them with specialist background information for the tourism industry.
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- Careers start here
- Technology for Engineering & Applied Sciences – Special Edition
- Commerce 1
- Commerce 2
- Engineering 1
Practise your English with the Oxford English For Careers series online.