Quick Work Pre-Intermediate Student's Book
An innovative, flexible, three-level short course in Business English.
- five units, each subdivided into five or six different sections
- information files, with additional information for pair work and group work activities
- glossary of over 150 business-related terms
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Quick Work
- This is a short, pacy course which is practical, flexible, and easily accessible to both students and teachers.
- It has a distinctive task-centred approach, with the aim of developing key business-related skills and language. The language syllabus is selective - language is addressed on a need-to-know basis in the Student's Book, with a more systematic review of grammar in the Workbook.
- Each of the five units covers key areas such as dealing with people, participating in meetings, exchanging information, and problem-solving. The principal focus is on developing students' speaking and listening skills.
- Each unit is divided into five or six sub-sections, which all end with a practical, work-related output task. There is a more substantial output activity at the end of the unit. Learners are encouraged to draw on their existing skills, knowledge, and experience of the workplace to carry out these tasks.
- Contexts are introduced by up-to-date material from a variety of authentic sources. The content has an international feel, and does not present specifically British or American cultural or linguistic models.
- There is a strong emphasis on vocabulary development, with key vocabulary lists in each unit.
- 'An engaging and punchy short course.' - Jon Wright, EL Gazette
- 'An enjoyable, motivating and satisfying book for busy executives to use, whether the teacher works through it from beginning to end or uses the autonomous sections independently.' - The TEFL Farm
Practise your English on the Quick Work website.