- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Successful Presentations DVD and Student's Book Pack A video series teaching business communication skills for adult professionals.
John Hughes and Andrew Mallett
Successful Presentations is a video-led course which teaches students to communicate successfully in presentations in English.
- Part of: Successful Series
- ISBN: 978-0-19-476835-1
- Binding: Mixed media format
Successful Presentations is ideal for students at intermediate level or above who want to develop their business communication skills in presentations, as well as improving their English.
The Successful DVD course takes students through the skill step-by-step using video clips which are then analysed. Students then use the tasks in the accompanying coursebook to put these skills into practice.
This pack includes:
- DVD and Student's Book Pack
- Trainer's Guide - available online at www.oup.com/elt/teacher/successful
Where to orderContact Oxford directly to place your order and for information and advice on any of our materials.
Part of... Successful Series
- Business skills work combined with language work
- Every unit includes a section on the skill, a section on language work, and a productive task
- Expert commentary from business communication specialist Andrew Mallett
- Useful strategies and suggestions for the skills covered
- Eight reading texts summarize the main points of the unit at the back of the book
Successful Presentations in English is a video-led course with accompanying coursebook. It can be used in class, or for self-study.
Successful Presentations teaches students the skills they need for effective and confident communication in presentations in English. Successful Presentations guides the student step-by-step towards creating and delivering a successful presentation, from planning to conclusion. Video clips illustrate the skills in action. Specialist coach Andrew Mallett lends his expertise in presenting and in business communication to the series, providing expert analysis for each clip.
The communication skills taught in the video and accompanying tasks can help both native and non-native users of English with their presentations. The language exercises in the coursebook are suitable for learners of English of an intermediate level or above.
There are eight units which cover different aspects of the skill, such as preparing a presentation, using visual aids, and handling questions.
1. Preparing for a presentation
2. Structuring your presentation
3. Introducing your presentation
4. Delivering your message
5. Using visual aids
7. Handling questions
8. Bringing it alive!