Tech Talk Elementary Workbook
A course for adult learners in the technical, industrial, and scientific sectors, who need English for everyday workplace communication.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-457455-6
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x210 mm
Tech Talk gives learners the functional language they need for real-life, hands-on tasks in the technical, industrial, and scientific sectors.
Tech Talk is suitable for those working in production, development, maintenance, planning, purchasing, testing, logistics, and quality.
From maintenance to customer service, and from manufacturing to technical support, the focus of the course is always on getting the job done.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Tech Talk
- Simple, needs-related grammar presented on a need-to-know basis, to help learners start communicating immediately.
- Vocabulary relevant to practical work situations.
- Short, interactive speaking tasks enable learners to use new language in hands-on contexts such as explaining purpose and giving instructions.
- Real help in telephoning, socializing, and reading technical information.
- Survival skills such as getting directions, changing money, and ordering food, plus games and other fun activities.
Tech Talk Elementary provides students with the English they need for a variety of work-related situations, such as checking specifications, suggesting a solution, explaining functionality, or offering help.
The Student’s Book also includes a metric-imperial conversion table, an information file, and a British English/American English glossary.
There are seven Review and Remember sections, which appear after every three units, and encourage students to revise and recycle the language they have learnt.
Practise your English on the Tech Talk website.