Spotlight on the USA
A region-by-region introduction to life in the USA.
- Level: Intermediate
- ISBN: 978-0-19-434235-3
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 255x180 mm
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
- The book consists of high-interest reading passages on prominent regions across the United States.
- Each unit is divided into separate readings focusing on topics such as the history, geography, famous personalities, economics and culture of the particular region.
- Illustrations and photographs in each passage heighten students' interest.
- Puzzles and games at the end of each passage reinforce the topics and vocabulary.
- Regular discussion points encourage cross-cultural comparisons.
- Glossaries at the end of every unit provide students with concise, easy-to-understand definitions.
- Maps featured throughout the text help students locate the areas highlighted in the readings.
Introduction: The American People1 New England
2 New York
3 The Mid-Atlantic Region
4 The South
5 The Midwest
6 The Southwest
7 The Rocky Mountain Region
8 The Pacific Northwest and Alaska
9 California and Hawaii