Oxford Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs Paperback
A comprehensive dictionary reflecting current idiomatic English.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-431285-1
- Pages: 536
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 216x138 mm
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
- Comprehensive and systematic survey of phrasal verbs, with over 11,000 references.
- Examples of use taken from a wide range of contemporary sources, many drawn from the Oxford Corpus of the English Language.
- Synonyms, opposites and related verbs shown at the end of entries.
- Grammatical codes at each entry showing possible sentence patterns.
- Lists of typical collocates (words most often used with the headword), showing how the verb is most frequently used in everyday English.
- Explanations of unusual features of grammar and usage.
- See also the companion volume, the Oxford Dictionary of English Idioms.
- 'One of the most renowned scholarly achievements within the field of English lexicography ... ODCIE 1 must by rights be seen as one of the outstanding achievements in English lexicography. In the second edition, the editors have succeeded in turning an excellent dictionary into an even better one.'
Thomas Herbst/Michael Klotz, Zeitschrift für Anglistik und Amerikanistik, 42, 4, 1994 |d 26/04/1995