Oxford Dictionary of English Idioms Paperback
A comprehensive dictionary dealing with general idiomatic expressions in current English.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-431287-5
- Pages: 748
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 215x145 mm
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
- Over 14,000 references recorded and described.
- Example sentences taken from a wide range of contemporary sources.
- Explanations of unusual features of grammar and usage.
- Simple grammar scheme showing sentence patterns.
- A detailed index of all nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs used in the idioms.
- A thorough cross-reference system both to other entries in the dictionary and to relevant entries in its companion volume, the Oxford Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs.