Oxford Learner's Pocket Dictionary A pocket-sized reference to English vocabulary
Essential information on the basic vocabulary learners of English need to know, in a handy pocket-size.
- Level: Intermediate to Advanced (B1-C2)
- ISBN: 978-0-19-439872-5
- Pages: 528
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 150x75 mm
The Oxford Learner's Pocket Dictionary has over 38,000 words, phrases, and meanings giving students a handy quick-reference guide to basic English vocabulary. It includes essential information on meanings, grammar patterns, spelling, idioms, and phrasal verbs.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
- Up-to-date vocabulary with new words from British and American English
- Oxford 3000 keywords (the most important words to learn in English) are marked with a key symbol
- Corpus-based examples show how words are used
- Lots of help with irregular forms and spelling
- Explains thousands of idioms and phrasal verbs
The Oxford Learner's Pocket Dictionary makes it easy for students to find what they want to know. The Oxford 3000 keywords show the most frequent and the most useful words students need to know at this level.
As well as meanings, there are thousands of examples which show how to use words, and grammar patterns to show how to avoid mistakes. It is really handy for exam revision and as a quick reference guide to English vocabulary.