- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Oxford Picture Dictionary English-Japanese Edition Bilingual Dictionary for Japanese-speaking teenage and adult students of English.
American Inhouse Design Award 2008
4,000 words and phrases are organized thematically within 163 topics. Includes English to Japanese translations of vocabulary throughout, and an extensive index in Japanese at the back of the book.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474015-9
- Pages: 316
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 278x216 mm
A fully integrated vocabulary development program in American English, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short thematic units. Realistic scenarios and modern artwork are easy to relate to and these, together with story pages and practice exercises, have been applauded for their success in promoting critical thinking skills. Content is fully supported by a range of components (in English only) - including Workbooks, Classroom Activities, Audio and website.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Vibrant new artwork brings the visual appeal right up to date
- Colour coding and icons make navigation through OPD easy
- 40 new topics, 12 intro pages (to the units) and 12 story pages
- An updated thematic word list reflects real-life English today
- Sub-topics organize words into logical groupings, with easy-to-learn 'chunks'
- The suite of resources now includes a dedicated Reading Library and interactive CD-ROM
Content is organized within 12 thematic units, from Everyday Language, to People, to Housing, to Food, to Recreation. Each unit starts with an 'Intro' page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn 'chunks'. The target new vocabulary is listed, and simple practice activities help students to put their new words into practice. Story pages include pre-reading questions to
build previewing and predicting skills, and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage students to use the new language they have learned. Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit.
This structure is designed to address the needs of multilevel classrooms, with much more guidance on this and on assessing needs and lesson-planning given in the supporting components (available in English only).
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- OPD Second Edition Classroom Presentation Tool
- Interactive Software
- Oxford Picture Dictionary Second Edition
- OPD Second Edition Program Tour">OPD Second Edition Program Tour
- OPD Second Edition Grammar Worksheets