- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Oxford Picture Dictionary English-Vietnamese Bilingual Dictionary for Vietnamese speaking teenage and adult students of English
Second Edition Jayme Adelson-Goldstein and Norma Shapiro
American Inhouse Design Award 2008
4,000 words and phrases are organized thematically within 163 topics. Includes English to Vietnamese translations of vocabulary throughout and an extensive index in Vietnamese at the back of the book.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474019-7
Click for educational discount pricing
- Pages: 320
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 11" x 8.5" inches
A fully integrated vocabulary development program in American English, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short thematic units. Realistic scenarios and modern artwork are easy to relate to and these, together with story pages and practice exercises, have been applauded for their success in promoting critical thinking skills. Content is fully supported by a range of components (in English only) - including Workbooks, Classroom Activities, Audio and website.
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Vibrant new artwork brings the visual appeal right up to date
- Colour coding and icons make navigation through OPD easy
- 40 new topics, 12 intro pages (to the units) and 12 story pages
- An updated thematic word list reflects real-life English today
- Sub-topics organize words into logical groupings, with easy-to-learn 'chunks'
- The suite of resources now includes a dedicated Reading Library and interactive CD-ROM
Content is organized within 12 thematic units, including Everyday Language, People, Housing, Food and Recreation.
Each unit starts with an Intro page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn "chunks."
The target new vocabulary is listed and simple practice activities help students put their new words into practice.
Story pages include pre-reading questions to build previewing and predicting skills and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage students to use the new language they have learned.
Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit. This structure is designed to address the needs of multilevel classrooms.
Supporting components include more guidance on this topic as well as assessing needs and lesson planning. (available in English only).
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- OPD Second Edition Classroom Presentation Tool
- Interactive Software
- Oxford Picture Dictionary Second Edition
- OPD Second Edition Program Tour">OPD Second Edition Program Tour
- OPD Second Edition Grammar Worksheets