- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Oxford Picture Dictionary Low Beginning Workbook Vocabulary reinforcement activity book with 3 audio CDs
Second Edition Jane Spigarelli
Winner American Inhouse Design Award
Oxford Picture Dictionary's new Low Beginning
Workbook offers high-interest exercises, including
a page of activities for each page of the dictionary
and listening activities for each topic. Exercises,
games and puzzles for teenage and adult ESL
students correlate page-for-page to the 163 topics
and 4,000 words in the Oxford Picture Dictionary.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Level: Beginner
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474040-1
Click for educational discount pricing
- Binding: Paperback
All the exercises you'll need to teach your low-beginning students, following the Dictionary's units page-for-page. To practise the words on page 23 of the Dictionary you'll turn to page 23 of the book. Each of the 163 topics has its own listening exercise.
- Book with Audio CDs (only available as a Pack)
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Exercises correspond precisely to pages in the Dictionary, making this exceptionally easy to use alongside the main book.
- Like the Dictionary, it's highly visual and content is never intimidating.
- There's plenty of variety to keep students interested, with the emphasis on making practice fun through puzzle-like activities such as word searches and ^D<`"complete the picture.^D>`"
- Now includes Challenge activities and level-appropriate critical thinking exercises. These are standard at the two higher levels.
- Contextualized exercises such as labeling, true or false, matching and sequencing provide more of a challenge.
- The CDs focus on short conversations and dictations in natural, real-life contexts and can be used in conjunction with the listening activities at the back of the book.
Content is organized within 12 thematic units, including Everyday Language, People, Housing, Food and Recreation.
Each unit starts with an Intro page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn "chunks."
The target new vocabulary is listed and simple practice activities help students put their new words into practice.
Story pages include pre-reading questions to build previewing and predicting skills and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage students to use the new language they have learned.
Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit. This structure is designed to address the needs of multilevel classrooms.
Supporting components include more guidance on this topic as well as assessing needs and lesson planning. (available in English only).
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- OPD Second Edition Classroom Presentation Tool
- Interactive Software
- Oxford Picture Dictionary Second Edition
- OPD Second Edition Program Tour">OPD Second Edition Program Tour
- OPD Second Edition Grammar Worksheets