- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Oxford Picture Dictionary High Beginning Workbook Vocabulary reinforcement activity book with 4 audio CDs
Winner American Inhouse Design Award
Exercises, games and puzzles map page-for-page to the 163 topics and 4,000 words in the Oxford Picture Dictionary, for teenage and adult ESL students of American English.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Level: High beginning
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474044-9
- Binding: Mixed media format
All the exercises you'll need to teach your high-beginning students, following the Dictionary's units page-for-page. To practise the words on page 23 of the Dictionary you'll turn to page 23 of the book. Each of the 163 topics has its own listening exercise.
This pack includes:
- Book with 4 CDs (only available as a Pack)
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Exercises correspond precisely to pages in the Dictionary, making this exceptionally easy to use alongside the main book
- Like the Dictionary, it's highly visual and the content is never intimidating
- The second edition has more graphs and charts, more writing and speaking activities, and more occasions for critical thinking
- Includes Challenge activities, designed to encourage students to use their new vocabulary
- The CDs focus on short conversations and dictations in natural, real-life contexts and can be used in conjunction with the listening activities at the back of the book
This Workbook is designed for your high-beginning students using the Oxford Picture Dictionary, with activities mapped precisely onto the pages of the main book.
Content of the Dictionary is organized within 12 thematic units, from Everyday Language, to People, to Housing, to Food, to Recreation. Each unit starts with an 'Intro' page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn 'chunks'. The target new vocabulary is listed, and simple practice activities help students to put their new words into practice. Story pages include pre-reading questions to build previewing and predicting skills, and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage students to use the new language they have learned. Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit.
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- OPD Second Edition Classroom Presentation Tool
- Interactive Software
- Oxford Picture Dictionary Second Edition
- OPD Second Edition Program Tour">OPD Second Edition Program Tour
- OPD Second Edition Grammar Worksheets