- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Oxford Picture Dictionary Audio CDs American English pronunciation of OPD's target vocabulary.
Winner American Inhouse Design Award
Audio CDs walk through the target vocabulary in the Dictionary page by page. This includes reading the stories at the end of each unit, but not the activities or exercises. Designed to be used as a pronunciation aid in conjunction with other components and instructor guidance.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474053-1
- Binding: CD-Audio
A fully integrated vocabulary development program in American English, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short thematic units. Realistic scenarios and modern artwork are easy to relate to and these, together with story pages and practice exercises, have been applauded for their success in promoting critical thinking skills. Content is fully supported by a range of components - including Workbooks, Classroom Activities, Audio and website.
- Audio CDs (only available as a Pack)
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Numbering of pages and pictures in the book is precisely followed on the audio CDs
- Vocabulary is read by both male and female speakers of American English
- The teacher website provides extra resources and reference material at www.oup.com/elt/teacher/opd
These Audio CDs give instructors a flexible way to teach pronunciation of American English to beginner to intermediate students using the OPD program.
Content of the Dictionary is organized within 12 thematic units, from Everyday Language, to People, to Housing, to Food, to Recreation. Each unit starts with an 'Intro' page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn 'chunks'. The target new vocabulary is listed, and simple practice activities help students to put their new words into practice. Story pages include pre-reading questions to build previewing and predicting skills, and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage students to use the new language they have learned. Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit.
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- OPD Second Edition Classroom Presentation Tool
- Interactive Software
- Oxford Picture Dictionary Second Edition
- OPD Second Edition Program Tour">OPD Second Edition Program Tour
- OPD Second Edition Grammar Worksheets