Tactics for TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test Student's Book Authorized by ETS, this course will help develop the necessary skills to do well in the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test.
A comprehensive set of ETS-endorsed materials to improve language proficiency and succeed in the TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test.
- Part of: Tactics for TOEIC® Listening and Reading Test
- Level: Beginner (A1) to Advanced (C1)
- ISBN: 978-0-19-452953-2
- Pages: 197
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x219 mm
This course is designed specifically to develop the test-taking and language skills needed to do well in the TOEIC® Listening and Reading test. It is endorsed by Educational Test Service (ETS) and contains authentic ETS test questions. The material can be used for self-study or in class, suiting a variety of course lengths and styles.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
- Content is authorized by ETS and contains official TOEIC® test items
- A range of practical Test tips, Language building activities, and Tactics reinforced with immediate practice to help students succeed in the test
- Listenings feature a range of speakers to familiarize students with the accents heard in the TOEIC® test
- Understanding natural English sections raise awareness of sound changes that can make native speech difficult to understand
- Mini-tests to review and reinforce test tactics and vocabulary from the units
- Word list and accompanying vocabulary review quizzes
The course, and therefore the Students Book, is divided into four cycles of seven units, with each unit covering one part of the test.
- Vocabulary and grammar are improved in the language building sections to develop an understanding of language in use.
- Test-taking skills are practised and reinforced with test tips and tactics for students to tackle the tasks more effectively and efficiently.
- Mini-tests allow each part of the test to be practised under timed conditions to improve their language, skills and performance.
Other elements show how the language can be used in other contexts and in the real world, making it more memorable and improving communicative abilities.
And theres plenty of further practice, homework and other activities to build vocabulary, grammar, reading skills and overall confidence.
"Tactics for TOEIC® is light years ahead in terms of visual appeal, user friendliness and accessibility of exercises to prepare the skills." Simon Yates, corporate trainer, major multinational company, Japan
"Tactics for TOEIC® immediately struck me as a well-structured, attractive, and easy-to-use book ... It has a good variety of activities and I was especially impressed by the "learn by doing" section as an alternative/supplement to the usual test practice exercises common in most TOEIC preparation books." Benedict Rowlett, Meiji University, Japan