- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Dominoes Quick Starter
Second Edition Bill Bowler and Sue Parminter
Dominoes is a full-colour, interactive readers series that offers students a fun reading experience while building their language skills. With integrated activities, an interactive MultiROM, and exciting, fully dramatized audio for every story, the new edition of the series makes reading motivating for students while making it easy for you to develop their reading and language skills.
- MultiROM pack (Book + MultiROM)
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
- Carefully graded, beautifully illustrated stories
- Fully dramatized audio recordings featuring native-speaker actors, music, and sound effects
- Integrated activities to develop reading skills and increase active vocabulary
- Seven pages of grammar activities in every book
- Interactive MultiROM containing a range of activities and games (for every book)
- Two personalized projects in every book
How do you interest today's multimedia, digital students in reading, especially in a language that is not their own?
Our exciting new edition of Dominoes holds the answer... A full-colour, entertaining, interactive four-level readers series, it offers students an enjoyable reading experience while building their language skills through integrated language activities, projects, and contextualized grammar work.
Dominoes makes reading motivating and fun for students, while making it easy for you to develop their reading and language skills either in or outside the classroom.
So what's new about this edition of this popular series?
* To make Dominoes even more appealing to today's language learner, every book in the new edition is now supported by an accompanying MultiROM. Each MultiROM features fully dramatized audio, interactive activities, games and an interactive wordlist to help students consolidate their vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and language skills. The audio recordings bring the stories to life, and also provide a valuable resource of authentic spoken English for students.
* In addition to the skills-work activities on the MultiROM, we've added seven grammar pages to every book. These offer students an opportunity to revise and practise grammar areas appropriate for their level.
And have you noticed that every Domino now has a beautiful new cover, giving the series a fresh, updated look?
Text adaptation by Janet Hardy-Gould
'Help! A wolf is eating my sheep!' What happens when a bored shepherd boy lies to the people in his village - or when he later tells the truth? What do a man and his wife do when their goose lays gold...
'Professor Clark's work usually helps people. But this is something new.' Clark's helper - Tasha Kiara - is telling Chaz - a local TV reporter about the Professor's new serum. Then an earthquake hits ...
Retold by Bill Bowler
'I see Troy in flames years from now - because Paris brings disaster to us,' Queen Hecuba says about her son. Paris's father, King Priam, wants to kills him. But Paris lives, and later loves Helen - K...
Retold by Bill Bowler
'What's your job?' Yukio asks. 'I'm a sorcerer,' the old man smiles, 'and I need a young apprentice.' One day, Yukio - a young boy from old Japan - leaves his sister in the country and looks for a jo...