Part of... Grammar Sense
- Grammar is introduced in authentic contexts, providing a true picture of natural language use.
- A discourse-based approach encourages communication beyond the sentence level and shows how language is used in the real world.
- Guided exercises lead students into the grammar, fostering independent learning.
- Special sections build accuracy, fluency, and confidence:
Beyond the Sentence shows how structures function differently in extended discourse.
Informally Speaking demonstrates the differences between spoken and written English.
Vocabulary Notes highlights connections between key vocabulary and grammatical structures.
- Form is introduced before meaning and use, allowing students to build accuracy before focusing on appropriate and meaningful communication.
Grammar Sense recognizes that knowing how and when to use a structure is as important as knowing how to form it, giving students a true understanding of the English language.