Oxford English Grammar Course Basic Step by step to grammar success
A new three-level grammar course that offers step-by-step presentation and plenty of practice. A Pronunciation for grammar CD-ROM with each level helps students understand how grammar sounds.
- Part of: Oxford English Grammar Course
- Other levels: Intermediate , Advanced
- Level: Elementary to Pre-Intermediate (A1-A2)
Based on the highly successful Good Grammar Book. Basic helps your students learn and practise the grammar they need to speak and write in English.
- Basic with Answers CD-ROM Pack
- Basic without Answers CD-ROM Pack
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
- Short, clear grammar explanations are easy to remember
- Real examples show how the grammar works in practice
- Engaging practice activities including Internet exercises, Grammar in a text and Grammar and Vocabulary
- Colour illustrations and cartoons put grammar in context
- Exercises organized into two levels of difficulty
- Pronunciation for grammar CD-ROM practises rhythm, stress and intonation
Each section opens with a lively presentation page which introduces the point of grammar.
The grammar explanations are short, concise and easy to remember. We’ve also used colour to make the explanation clearer. Each grammar point that students learn is followed by an activity so they can practice before moving on to the next explanation.
The grammar topics in the Basic are graded into two levels of difficulty. ‘Level 1’ covers the basic grammar and ‘Level 2’, more advanced.
The practice activities are really engaging. ‘Internet exercises’ encourage students to see how language is used in real life. ‘Do-it-Yourself’ exercises mean students can use the grammar to talk about themselves.
If you like lots of extra practice there are ‘More practice pages’ with a revision test at the end of each section.
At the end of Basic your students will be ready to move on to Oxford English Grammar Course Intermediate.
Pronunciation for grammar CD-ROM practises rhythm, stress and intonation associated with grammar. Record and playback function allows students to listen, think, repeat and record.
Interactive exercises include:
• Listening to identify what you heard
• Distinguish between a question and a statement
• Differences between strong and weak forms
• Back chaining for rhythm