Oxford Living Grammar Upper-Intermediate Student's Book Pack
Upper-Intermediate helps students use grammar with confidence and shows how to use it in real-life situations. It covers all the grammar necessary for the Cambridge English:First exam.
- Part of: Oxford Living Grammar
- Level: Upper-Intermediate (B2)
- ISBN: 978-0-19-455710-8
- Binding: Mixed media format
Oxford Living Grammar takes a gentle, practical approach to grammar. Each unit explains how the grammar works and the situations where you use it. The exercises use real-life situations to practise the grammar in context.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Oxford Living Grammar
- Understand grammar and when to use it
- Plenty of practice with four-page units for each topic
- Word focus boxes give new words and expressions
- Over to you exercises for lots of extended practice
- Covers grammar for the Cambridge English: First exam
- Interactive Context-Plus+ CD-ROM
- 30-unit syllabus fits perfectly with the academic year
Each four-page unit presents a manageable amount of new grammar and practice so students are not overwhelmed. It also allows for plenty of practice and consolidation.
New grammar is explained at the beginning of each unit. This explanation shows students HOW it is formed. The 'Grammar in action' section that follows shows students WHEN the grammar is typically used. Students can then be more confident of using the language.
All of the exercises are fully contextualized so students practise using the grammar in everyday situations they will find themselves in.
Special 'Word focus' boxes highlight interesting idiomatic expressions or words in the unit students might not be familiar with, this helps enrich their vocabulary.
'Over to you' is a new type of review which directs learners to a task bank at the back of the book. It allows freer practice and includes some sample model answers.
The Context-Plus+ CD-ROM includes:
- Interactive grammar exercises providing extra practice
- Links to Word focus exercises
- Listening and reading mazes where students choose what happens in a dialogue or story
- Opportunity for students to record and listen to themselves participating in the listening mazes
- NEW Printable tests to check progress
Oxford Living Grammar Upper-Intermediate online
Students have access to even more material to reinforce their grammar and to make learning fun with an extra downloadable listening maze dialogue and reading maze text for each unit. There are also Word Focus definitions and handy pocket guides to comparative and superlative adjectives.