First Friends (American English) 2 Teacher's Book (Japanese) First for American English, first for fun!
First Friends is a three-level beginner's course that makes learning English and the Roman alphabet familiar and fun!
- Part of: First Friends (American English)
- Level: First Friends (American English) Level 2
- Teaching hours: 60
- ISBN: 978-0-19-443357-0
- Pages: 112
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 297x210 mm
First Friends (American English) has a strong and clear structure that makes it easy for teachers to teach and learners to learn in a fun, friendly and familiar way.
With the help of mascots, games, songs and stories young learners will soon be confident in their use of everyday English and grasp of the Roman alphabet.
This flexible package offers DVD, iTools, picture cards and the choice of combined student and workbook packs and teacher’s books in languages other than English, so you can use what suits you and your students best.
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... First Friends (American English)
- Photocopiable material: Rewards, Assessment checklist, Phonics practice, Alphabet practice, Progress check - vocabulary, Progress check - numbers
- FULLY TRANSLATED INTO JAPANESE
- Clear and easy-to-use notes on how to use EACH element of the course
- Gives notes for up to eight teaching hours per week
- Step-by-step notes on general teaching procedures
- 1. Establishing a routine
- 2. Introducing language
- 3. Teaching phonics activities
- 4. Teaching critical thinking skills
- 5. Using stories
- 6. Teaching songs and chants
- 7. Doing arts and crafts
- 8. Using the children's own language
- 9. Assessment
- Each lesson is covered by one page in the teacher's book
- Easy at-a-glance notes with summary of objectives, language and materials required
- Transcript of song lyrics
- One EXTRA optional activity per lesson
- Material easily adaptable to fit teaching hours required
- There are ten units in the Student Book, each with six lessons. There is one lesson per page:
- Building vocabulary
- Understanding structure
- Listening to a story and understanding the sequence of English
- Developing values and civic education through everyday English
- Explore - reading texts with a cross-curricular theme
- Practising the Roman alphabet and phonics lessons (2-3 sounds)
Help your class come first with First Friends
First for alphabet – from pre-writing practise with letter and number formation to writing short sentences.
First for phonics – ideal for building letter-recognition skills and letter formation.
First for values – everyday English is taught through important social value such as learning to share.
First for critical thinking skills – activities focus on connections and seeing patterns to develop thinking skills.
First for CLIL – learning English through art, math and science
First for fun – craft projects, puzzles, photographs, real-life insights, child-friendly songs with TPR, familiar settings and themes………………….. choose First Friends for your students’ first steps in English
2 My Classroom
4 My Things
5 Shapes and Colours
7 My Closet
10 My Party
Phonics - First Friends has a staged phonics syllabus:
Level 1: Alphabet and letter names (lower case and capitals)
Level 2: Initial sounds (2-3 sounds per lesson)
Level 3: CVC words, diagraphs and short vowels
Values - Children see, practise and learn with a values syllabus, supported by great photographs showing real-life situations to help understanding, like:
- Taking turns
- Respecting elders
- Taking care of pets
- Being polite