First Friends (American English) 3 iTools
First Friends is a three-level beginner's course that makes learning English and the Roman alphabet familiar and fun!
- ISBN: 978-0-19-443333-4
- Binding: DVD-ROM
First Friends (American English) has a strong and clear structure that makes it easy for teachers to teach and learners to learn in a fun, friendly and familiar way.
With the help of mascots, games, songs and stories young learners will soon be confident in their use of everyday English and grasp of the Roman alphabet.
This flexible package offers DVD, iTools, picture cards and the choice of combined student and workbook packs and teacher’s books in languages other than English, so you can use what suits you and your students best.
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... First Friends (American English)
- First Friends (American English) is a strong start in writing, reading, speaking and listening in English.
- The regular format to each unit and lesson supports all teachers and lets learners know what to expect.
- All of the action is based in familiar settings to students of this age – home and school.
- There are ten units per level, each with six lessons:
- Full integrated phonics lessons (focusing on 2-3 sounds)
- Building vocabulary and understanding structure
- Practising the Roman alphabet
- Developing values and civic education through everyday English
- Practical cross-curricular project lessons involving maths and science
- Puzzles, patterns and connections to improve critical thinking
- At Level 3 – there are Explore reading text
Help your class come first with First Friends
First for alphabet – from pre-writing practise with letter and number formation to writing short sentences.
First for phonics – ideal for building letter-recognition skills and letter formation.
First for values – everyday English is taught through important social value such as learning to share.
First for critical thinking skills – activities focus on connections and seeing patterns to develop thinking skills.
First for CLIL – learning English through art, math and science
First for fun – craft projects, puzzles, photographs, real-life insights, child-friendly songs with TPR, familiar settings and themes………………….. choose First Friends for your students’ first steps in English
Sample screenshot, First Friends (American English) Level 3 iTools, page 34