First Friends (American English) 3 Activity Book First for American English, first for fun!
First Friends is a three-level beginner's course that makes learning English and the Roman alphabet familiar and fun!
- Part of: First Friends (American English)
- Level: First Friends (American English) Level 3
- Teaching hours: 60
- ISBN: 978-0-19-443369-3
- Pages: 80
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x219 mm
First Friends (American English) has a strong and clear structure that makes it easy for teachers to teach and learners to learn in a fun, friendly and familiar way.
With the help of mascots, games, songs and stories young learners will soon be confident in their use of everyday English and grasp of the Roman alphabet.
This flexible package offers DVD, iTools, picture cards and the choice of combined student and workbook packs and teacher’s books in languages other than English, so you can use what suits you and your students best.
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... First Friends (American English)
- Provides additional practice material introduced in the student's book
- The main pencil and paper practice of the course
- The easy-to-do activities can be set up in class and completed at home.
- Many activities develop oral language too with a 'Say' component.
- Each unit has a 'Review' activity to consolidate literacy, numeracy and vocabulary of the unit - also great for homework
- Extra resources include, picture dictionaries, finger puppets and at Level 3 numbers spread, writing grid and craft activity
- There is an overview page detailing the scope and sequence of learning at that level.
- There is a song page detailing all of the song lyrics for each unit too - a great resource for parents!
- There are ten units in the Student Book, each with six lessons. There is one lesson per page:
- Building vocabulary
- Understanding structure
- Critical thinking through a puzzle/pattern skills around a song
- Listening to a story and understanding the sequence of English
- Developing values and civic education through everyday English
- Practising the Roman alphabet and phonics lessons (2-3 sounds)
Help your class come first with First Friends
First for alphabet – from pre-writing practise with letter and number formation to writing short sentences.
First for phonics – ideal for building letter-recognition skills and letter formation.
First for values – everyday English is taught through important social value such as learning to share.
First for critical thinking skills – activities focus on connections and seeing patterns to develop thinking skills.
First for CLIL – learning English through art, math and science
First for fun – craft projects, puzzles, photographs, real-life insights, child-friendly songs with TPR, familiar settings and themes………………….. choose First Friends for your students’ first steps in English
2 Our School
3 My Feelings
4 I can Jump!
5 My Home
6 My Room
7 On Vacation
8 Let's Eat!
9 Festival Fun!
Phonics - First Friends has a staged phonics syllabus:
Level 1: Alphabet and letter names (lower case and capitals)
Level 2: Initial sounds (2-3 sounds per lesson)
Level 3: CVC words, diagraphs and short vowels
Values - Children see, practise and learn with a values syllabus, supported by great photographs showing real-life situations to help understanding, like:
- Taking turns
- Respecting elders
- Taking care of pets
- Being polite