Playtime Starter Class CD Stories, DVD and play- start to learn real-life English the Playtime way!
Claire Selby (illustrations Annabel Tempest)
The fun, new three-level British English course with fully integrated DVD motivating pre-schoolers to learn through memorable stories and songs.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-404650-3
- Binding: CD-Audio
This great new series focuses on the real-life pre-school environment, a familiar setting for little ones to start learning English through other subjects.
Monkey (the puppet) starts every lesson in a fun way and the children's enthusiasm for English builds from the beginning.
Through easy-to-follow classroom routines for each lesson, children also learn to develop good habits and good behaviour.
Playtime's lively stories present natural language in familiar contexts - using integrated DVD as well.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Playtime
- Young children love to sing and there is a great variety of song in Playtime which motivates and encourages participation from young learners
- Story song:
Children join in the telling of the story for that unit by singing and doing actions (TPR).
Children remember the language of the story in a natural way - through song.
- To practise vocabulary covered in that unit
- Routine songs - to help you divide the lesson and manage the class - i.e. Hello and Tidy Up songs
- Festival songs - one song for each festival/holiday covered
1. The Playtime Class Book appeals to all styles of learning, embodied in the four playful, child characters - Rocket, Twig, Star and Melody.
2. The teacher is provided with the widest variety of flexible components in a pre school course, including DVDs
3. Children are introduced to each story by a friendly monkey puppet who guides their repeated contact with the language through memorable songs, story songs, digital classroom resources and craft-based activities.
4. The cross-curricular approach helps learners explore their first experience of English through other subjects and see English in a real-life British context through photographs and DVD
5. Parents and learners are supported by a website with additional practice and content - building on a child's learning in school at home
Teacher's Book Starter - Syllabus, pages 8 - 12 (PDF: 79.0 KB)