Playtime Starter, A & B Teacher's Resource Pack Stories, DVD and play- start to learn real-life English the Playtime way!
Claire Selby (illustrations Annabel Tempest)
The fun, new three-level British English course with fully integrated DVD motivating pre-schoolers to learn through memorable stories and songs.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-404679-4
- Binding: Mixed media format
This great new series focuses on the real-life pre-school environment, a familiar setting for little ones to start learning English through other subjects.
Monkey (the puppet) starts every lesson in a fun way and the children's enthusiasm for English builds from the beginning.
Through easy-to-follow classroom routines for each lesson, children also learn to develop good habits and good behaviour.
Playtime's lively stories present natural language in familiar contexts - using integrated DVD as well.
Where to OrderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Playtime
- DVDs for each level of Playtime
- Big Story Books for each level of Playtime
- Routine posters - supports a lesson routine (A2 size)
- Pocket poster - used in many ways to practise vocabulary throughout the course (A1 size)
- Flashcards - up to 50 vocabulary, numbers, character and photographic flashcards per level
1. The Playtime Class Book appeals to all styles of learning, embodied in the four playful, child characters - Rocket, Twig, Star and Melody.
2. The teacher is provided with the widest variety of flexible components in a pre school course, including DVDs
3. Children are introduced to each story by a friendly monkey puppet who guides their repeated contact with the language through memorable songs, story songs, digital classroom resources and craft-based activities.
4. The cross-curricular approach helps learners explore their first experience of English through other subjects and see English in a real-life British context through photographs and DVD
5. Parents and learners are supported by a website with additional practice and content - building on a child's learning in school at home
Playtime is one of the first courses to offer fully integrated DVD for pre-school English.
Your young learners can see real British children and families along with the animated stories.
There is one DVD for each of the three levels of Playtime with:
- Animations of the six stories
- Animation of the six story songs
Levels A and B also contain:
- Six cross curricular film sections
- A vocabulary review for each cross-curricular film
- A monkey puppet - which is a cuddly toy who only "speaks" English - he can HUG children, climb around and stick together with his VELCRO paws and pick up FLASHCARDS with his mouth
- Big Story Books for each level of Playtime - each with six stories
- Flashcards showing characters, core vocabulary, numbers and cross curricular photographic cards
- Routine posters - for each level