Aim High Level 4 Student's Book A new secondary course which helps students become successful, independent language learners.
Aim High develops students' knowledge of grammar, vocabulary and study skills encouraging learner autonomy and exam success.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-445312-7
- Pages: 128
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 276x219 mm
Aim High develops language learning through carefully chosen vocabulary (including words from the Oxford 3000), texts which are interesting and essential study skills. The iTools digital material adds variety to class teaching and the Student CD-ROM is great for home study. Revision and self assessment sections help learners towards exam success and there is extensive testing material too.
- Student's Book
- Teacher's Book
- Workbook with CD-ROM
- Class Audio CD
- Test Generator
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Aim High
- Develops language learning and presents vocabulary through rich and motivating texts.
- Includes key words from the Oxford 3000 (a list of the most important words to know in English) and extends vocabulary knowledge with idioms, expressions, phrasal verbs etc.
- Teaches essential study skills and learning strategies and includes a Dictionary Corner and a Literacy Corner to help students become autonomous learners.
- Supports learning with a Grammar Builder and Grammar Reference for easy reference and review.
- Encourages self-study with over 180 varied activities on the Student CD-ROM.
Aim High will help your students succeed as language learners in the classroom, with their homework and also in exams. How will it do this? It builds students' vocabulary knowledge through a structured and progressive approach. What does this mean?
There are over 50 active vocabulary items in each unit, including words from the Oxford 3000. Students learn the meaning of new words but they also learn how and when to use them for themselves. And these are not just useful, everyday words. They're also introduced to expressions, idioms, phrasal verbs, and so on. Essential language for communicating well in English.
As a teacher you'll want to help your students become autonomous learners. In Aim High there are lots of opportunities to prepare for this. In the Student's Book there's a Dictionary Corner, with exercises to help them towards learner autonomy. There's also a Literacy Corner to extend their vocabulary, focusing on selected readers of the right level.
With the self-check and review boxes they can see how they're progressing for themselves. A Grammar Reference and Grammar Builder bring together all the grammar and vocabulary for the unit. These allow students to look back over grammar points and review what they have learned.