English Plus 2 Teacher's Book with photocopiable resources An English secondary course for students aged 12-16 years.
The Teacher's Book provides extensive methodological support, comprehensive teaching notes, and extra materials for use in class.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474865-0
- Pages: 256
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 297x210 mm
A supportive course that helps students of all abilities build confidence through graded practice. The flexible package makes it ideal for mixed-ability classes, and varying teaching loads. Online Practice provides extra activities for the classroom or home that teachers can track.
English Plus develops students' communication skills through a structured and methodical approach, helping students to achieve their individual learning outcomes in every lesson.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... English Plus
- An introduction with teaching tips, including information on mixed-ability classes, dyslexic students, project work, evaluation and testing, and using technology
- Photocopiable resources for teachers at the back of the book, and photocopiable student self-assessment checklists
- Teaching notes and answers for all Student's Book material
- Ideas for extra optional activities linked to the Key Competences
- Background notes, cultural information, language notes, and tapescripts.
English Plus gives students the skills they need to communicate with confidence in English.
The core material is presented in a clear unit structure, and the extensive Options section at the back of the book provides further variety and challenge. Extra material covering culture, CLIL, and vocabulary practice motivates and engages students, and allows teachers to tailor the course to individual needs and abilities.
English Plus places equal emphasis on the development of all four skills – each unit contains reading, writing, listening, and speaking. New language is presented both in context and in tables, to ensure that students fully understand usage as well as form. The Rules section encourages students to think about and complete language rules themselves. Activate and About You exercises then give students the opportunity to use English in a personal way, encouraging them to talk or write about their own ideas and experiences.
Teachers with a mix of both strong and weak students in class get extra flexibility from the Workbook, Tests, and teacher's photocopiable resources. These all contain three levels of material, meaning that every student can achieve a productive outcome, regardless of ability.
With Online Practice teachers can assign different interactive activities to different groups of students, see their grades, track their progress, set up online discussions with their students on topics from the Student's Book, and more.
The Teacher's photocopiable resources at the back of the Teacher's Book contain:
· Language focus and vocabulary worksheets at three levels: basic, revision, and extension
· Communicative pairwork activities
· Drama worksheets
· Two-page cross-curricular extension worksheets for each of the Curriculum extra topics in the Student's Book