English Plus 4 Workbook with MultiROM An English secondary course for students aged 12-16 years.
English Plus is a flexible and supportive course that builds confidence through graded practice.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-474879-7
- Binding: Mixed media format
A supportive course that helps students of all abilities build confidence through graded practice. The flexible package makes it ideal for mixed-ability classes, and varying teaching loads. Online Practice provides extra activities for the classroom or home that teachers can track.
English Plus develops students' communication skills through a structured and methodical approach, helping students to achieve their individual learning outcomes in every lesson.
This pack includes:
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... English Plus
- Six pages of additional practice for each Student's Book unit, including exercises for vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing; all at three levels of difficulty
- Two-page progress review after every unit with self-assessments and I can... statements
- Reference section which includes a Language focus reference, a pronunciation bank, an alphabetical Wordlist with illustrations and a phonetic chart, an Expression bank, and an Irregular verbs list
- Answer Key which can be found on the English Plus Teacher's site and on iTools
- MultiROM included with Workbook for a complete interactive self-study resource
Vocabulary, grammar, reading and writing exercises are provided at three levels. These are marked using a star system: 1 star is slightly below the level of the Student's Book, 2 stars is at the level of the Student's Book, and 3 stars is slightly above the level of the Student's Book. This provides support for mixed-ability classes and ensures that all students can enjoy a successful outcome.
To encourage autonomous learning, students are able to evaluate their own progress in a two-page Progress Review after each unit. This gives them a clear learning objective at the start of the lesson, and a sense of achievement at the end of it.
The Wordlist includes phonetic transcriptions and pictures to engage students and help lower-level students or visual learners understand new language. The Wordlist also features all active and some passive vocabulary, and is organised by unit with a clear layout for ease of use.
The Workbook MultiROM gives students additional practice, support, and consolidation of the language and skills taught in the Student's Book. An audio CD element is included, with all the Pronunciation Bank listening tasks from the Workbook.