Pacesetter Starter Teacher's Book
A multi-syllabus, briskly-moving course for teenagers.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-436327-3
- Pages: 192
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 274x219 mm
Pacesetter is a four-level course for teenagers with a communicative approach.
New language is presented in contexts relevant to teenagers and in ways which actively involve students in the learning process.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Pacesetter
- A clear description of the course
- Step-by-step lesson notes
- Detailed explanations of communicative teaching techniques
- Suggestions for extra activities
- Tapescripts and answer keys
- Photocopiable progress tests for each unit
- Grammar is the starting point of the syllabus. The problem-solving approach to grammar helps students to work out for themselves the meaning and use of structures. Practice activities help students use the grammar in everyday situations.
- Motivating topics draw on students' own experiences and develop their interest in the world around them.
- Integrated skills work presents students with a variety of activities that develop their confidence and fluency in speaking, reading, writing and listening. The variety of texts, discussions and dialogues is supported by practical tasks that help students to use and understand the new language.
- A systematic vocabulary syllabus combined with learning-to-learn skills encourage students to develop their own strategies for remembering new words.
- A lively photo-story in the first two levels presents informal language and a cultural reference as it follows the everyday lives of a group of British teenagers. The two upper levels contain a series of free-standing short stories which develop extensive reading skills.
- Practical 'Learn to learn' features help students to develop their study skills, record new vocabulary and organize their language learning.
- You can start the course either with Pacesetter Starter, which is for beginners, or Pacesetter Elementary, which is suitable for those who have achieved a basic level of English.
- A helpful review section at the end of each unit summarizes the main learning points and provides a reference for revision work.
- Three consolidation units in each level revise key grammar points, vocabulary and dialogues through controlled and freer activities. The projects at the end of these units provide an opportunity for students to produce more substantial and personal pieces of work.
A four-level course that takes teenage students from beginner to intermediate level. Each level contains fifteen teaching units and three consolidation units.
Pacesetter is designed for mid-teen students who are highly-motivated and academic. The content is challenging and the language teaching moves at a quicker pace than in titles that were developed for markets where there are low expectations of students.