Happy Street 1 Activity Book
Happy Street is a two-level course for children starting English at the beginning of the school system. Together with songs, chants, games, and listening activities, Happy Street 1 offers an accessible introduction to reading and writing and is suitable for use either as the children's first contact with English or after an oral-aural introduction. The Activity Book offers a wide range of aural and written practice and activities consolidating vocabulary and structures taught in the Class Book.
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Happy Street
- Happy Street can be used after an oral/aural course such as Happy House, or as a first English course which includes reading and writing from the beginning.
- The characters from Happy House, Polly and Jack, take young learners outside the context of the house and help them to explore the neighbourhood.
- The lively songs and chants have a contemporary feel which add to pupils' enjoyment of the course.
- It introduces children to different types of reading text. Speech bubble stories give children the opportunity of acting out the text; 'Colin in Computerland' provides revision and language presentation through an exciting adventure story; and the 'Extended reading' sections include topic-based information, rhymes, and jokes.
- Writing skills are systematically built up. Level 1 focuses on writing at a word and sentence level, so that by Level 2 children can express themselves in mini- paragraphs.
- Pair work activities and games provide lots of regular speaking practice.
- The Happy Alphabet Book teaches children the Roman alphabet.
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
Polly, Jack, Quizzy and Ziggy invite your students to take part in a range of practice activities and games.