The Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids Teacher's Book
A picture dictionary (American English) designed for ages 5-7. It an be used by itself or with accompanying components as the core of an entire picture dictionary programme. Over 700 words are presented in the context of pictures that tell stories. Five characters and their families appear throughout the book in interesting and amusing everyday situations. Sixty topics are presented with beautiful four-colour artwork.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids
- ISBN: 978-0-19-434998-7
- Pages: 288
- Binding: Paperback
- Dimensions: 279x216 mm
- techniques and strategies for using each component of the programme
- reduced pages from the Dictionary, Workbook and Worksheets
- alphabetical word list
- annotated bibliography of recommended children's books for each of the nine themes
Where to orderContact your local Oxford office or distributor for information or advice on any of our materials, or to find your local ELT bookseller.
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids
- The dictionary presents over 700 words in the context of pictures that tell stories.
- It features five characters and their families. They appear throughout in a series of 60 double-page illustrations, each of which introduces a topic. The scenes are interesting, amusing situations at home, school, around town and out in the world.
- The topics are thematically organized and can be presented in any order, but they follow a logical sequence both in content and in language difficulty.
- Vocabulary is defined with 'callout pictures' (individual pictures taken from the illustration as a whole) to help children isolate each item and search for it in the context of the picture story.
- Verbs and nouns are included together to encourage students to use the language in context.
- The dictionary is available in monolingual English, English-Spanish, and English-Japanese editions.
- It can be used by itself or with the accompanying components as the core of an entire curriculum.