The Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids Audio CDs (5)
A picture dictionary for young children organized by topic.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids
- ISBN: 978-0-19-438401-8
- Binding: CD-Audio
Where to OrderContact Oxford directly to place your order and for information and advice on any of our materials.
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary for Kids
- The dictionary presents over 700 words in the context of pictures that tell stories.
- It features five characters and their families. They appear throughout in a series of 60 double-page illustrations, each of which introduces a topic. The scenes are interesting, amusing situations at home, school, around town and out in the world.
- The topics are thematically organized and can be presented in any order, but they follow a logical sequence both in content and in language difficulty.
- Vocabulary is defined with 'callout pictures' (individual pictures taken from the illustration as a whole) to help children isolate each item and search for it in the context of the picture story.
- Verbs and nouns are included together to encourage students to use the language in context.
- The dictionary is available in monolingual English, English-Spanish, and English-Japanese editions.
- It can be used by itself or with the accompanying components as the core of an entire curriculum.