- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Oxford Picture Dictionary for the Content Areas Reproducible: Math and Technology
Dorothy Kauffman, Gary Apple, and Kate Kinsella
The Oxford Picture Dictionary for the Content Areas Reproducible Collection includes five titles that focus on pre-reading, reading, post-reading and writing practice for every Dictionary topic.
- ISBN: 978-0-19-452544-2
Click for educational discount pricing
- Pages: 52
- Binding: Paperback
The Oxford Picture Dictionary for the Content Areas Reproducible: Math and Technology is one of five easy-to-photocopy titles in the reproducibles collection, including over 1,600 words presented with clear, vibrant illustrations. Featured in this updated edition includes 8 math topics. Exercises combine content area vocabulary with the academic language learners will need in their classes.
- Scaffolded reading and writing exercises privded focus and support for learners to master content
- Note-taking excercises develop the reading strategies and skills learners need in content-area classes
- Worksheets, reading selections, and word-and-picture cards for each topic are located in one collection for easy lesson preparation
- Teacher Web site provides extra resources and reference material www.oup.com/elt/opdca
Accelerate your student's academic language development with the second edition of the Oxford Picture Dictionary for the Content Areas program. This program:
Uses direct, explicit vocabulary instruction, which improves learning outcomes for ELLs and struggling learners.
Helps English learners and struggling learners acquire new content area vocabulary and build word knowledge from incremental, repeated and varied exposures to words.
Has an instructional routine that uses the research-based Gradual Release of Responsibility, Productive Partnering and other models as an effective way of increasing language acquisition.
Is standards based and aligned to the Common Core State Standards and other leading research on what works most effectively.
Uses scaffolded and differentiated instruction to improve vocabulary acquisition for English language learners.
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- Teaching with the Oxford Picture Dictionary for the Content Areas
- Authors and Advisors
- The Oxford Picture Dictionary for the Content Areas, Second Edition
- The Oxford Picture Dictionary for the Content Areas, Second Edition, English/Spanish Edition