- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Oxford Picture Dictionary Activity Worksheets Vietnamese (pack of 10) Bilingual Worksheets for Vietnamese speaking teenage and adult students of English
Second Edition Jayme Adelson-Goldstein
Oxford Picture Dictionary English-Vietnamese Activity Worksheets allow students to immediately use the target English vocabulary, reinforcing the dictionary's 4,000 words and phrases organized thematically within 163 topics. Worksheets include activities for adult learners of English at the beginning level.
- Part of: Oxford Picture Dictionary
- ISBN: 978-0-19-430674-4
Click for educational discount pricing
- Binding: Paperback
Oxford Picture Dictionary is a fully integrated vocabulary development program, progressing from essential words to the more complex, delivered in short thematic units. Realistic scenarios and modern artwork are easy to relate to and these, together with story pages and practice exercises, have been applauded for their success in promoting language skills. Content is fully supported by a range of components – including innovative digital tools for student practice, interactive whiteboard presentation software, workbooks, classroom activities, audio and more.
Part of... Oxford Picture Dictionary
- Clear, vibrant illustrations define over 4,000 words and phrases.
- 13 bilingual editions with complete second language indexes now including new Farsi and Urdu editions.
- Practice activities enable students to immediately use the target vocabulary.
- Sub-topics organize words into logical groupings, making the new edition easier to navigate through.
- New Intro pages, Story pages, and More Verbs and Phrases sections help learners improve their vocabulary as well as reading, critical thinking, and speaking skills.
- A wealth of extra resources means teachers can use the Oxford Picture Dictionary as a fully integrated course. The full package includes lesson plans, classroom activities, workbooks, audio programme, overhead transparencies, vocabulary teaching handbook, bilingual family handbook, test software, and a companion website. A new dedicated Reading Library and Interactive CD-ROM are also available.
Content is organized within 12 thematic units, including Everyday Language, People, Housing, Food and Recreation.
Each unit starts with an Intro page (new to this edition) and ends with a story page, with single or double-page sub-topics introducing new words in a realistic visual context and easy-to-learn "chunks."
The target new vocabulary is listed and simple practice activities help students put their new words into practice.
Story pages include pre-reading questions to build previewing and predicting skills and post-reading questions and role-play activities to support critical thinking and to encourage students to use the new language they have learned.
Rich visual contexts recycle words from the unit. This structure is designed to address the needs of multilevel classrooms. Supporting components include more guidance on this topic as well as assessing needs and lesson planning. (available in English only).
Register to enjoy 1000's of activities and ideas. Choose by age group, book title, topic or arena of study.
- OPD Second Edition Classroom Presentation Tool
- Interactive Software
- Oxford Picture Dictionary Second Edition
- OPD Second Edition Program Tour">OPD Second Edition Program Tour
- OPD Second Edition Grammar Worksheets