- Teaching Resources
- Learning Resources
Welcome to Your English File - the online home of English File.
Here you will find exclusive English File materials. You can:
- View and download teaching resources for use in your English File classes
- Read the latest articles about English File - including a regular feature from authors Clive Oxenden and Christina Latham-Koenig
- Watch the latest English File videos
- Get exclusive sample material from the forthcoming third editions - before anybody else!
Make sure you keep checking back for new material, this page will be updated regularly.
A resource to help you present and practise the key structures in New English File. You can use the pictures to make flashcards or copy them onto the board.
Seven Files of Teacher's Notes to help with the Colloquial English lessons on the DVD.
Full listening scripts from the Student’s Book as Word documents to adapt and use in your lessons.
Make your own cloze exercises, using your own texts or texts from the New English File and English File third edition Student's Book.
- Elementary Cloze Maker
- Pre-intermediate Cloze Maker
- Intermediate Plus Cloze Maker
- Intermediate Cloze Maker
- Upper-intermediate Cloze Maker
- Advanced Cloze Maker
- Elementary 3rd Edition Cloze Maker
- Pre-Intermediate 3rd Edition Cloze Maker
Answer keys for Entry Checker booklets.
The main aim of the Language Portfolio is to present language qualifications and learning experiences in a clear way. This document contains three sections: the Passport, the Biography, and the Dossier. It gives an overview of descriptors as well as a detailed breakdown of where they are covered in each lesson of the Student’s Book.
Here you will find the winning entries from the Best Extras competition held in 2011.
- English File 3rd edition Elementary Programmazione PDF ( 310 KB )
- English File 3rd edition Elementary Programmazione DOC ( 394 KB )
- English File 3rd edition Pre-intermediate Programmazione PDF ( 670 KB )
- English File 3rd edition Pre-intermediate Programmazione DOC ( 388 KB )
- English File 3rd edition Intermediate Programmazione PDF ( 657 KB )
- English File 3rd edition Intermediate Programmazione DOCX ( 170 KB )
The New English File and English File third edition wordlists, with key lexical phrases and vocabulary items.
Weblinks with topics related to the lessons and suggested ‘mini-projects’.
The New English File and English File third edition syllabuses.
A guide to the interactive exercises, games, and resources on the New English File Student’s Site.
These documents support the New English File Culture Link Workbook.
A two-page PDF with all the YOU HEAR/YOU SAY language from the Practical English lessons – perfect for students who are travelling. This is also available in black and white, and on the Student’s Site.
Selected reading texts from the New English File Student’s Book as Word documents to adapt and use in your lessons.
Download adaptable New English File and English File third edition crosswords, or make your own to give your students fun vocabulary practice.
What is the Common European Framework of Reference? What are its aims?
These documents map New English File and English File third edition to the CEFR. It gives an overview of descriptors which shows where they are covered in New English File and English File third edition, and a detailed breakdown of the Student’s book which shows the descriptors covered in each lesson.
In this section you will find specially adapted versions of the main reading texts from the Student's Book of English File Elementary and Pre-intermediate. These downloadable reading texts have been visually simplified and are presented in a format which is helpful for students with dyslexia.
ESOL guides map New English File to the Adult ESOL core curriculum, and Skills for Life exam guides for Cambridge ESOL.
Use these ideas as 'fillers' at the end of a class. Many of them will also work well as warmers, or as quick revision activities.
Extra lesson ideas and resources.
What Study Link is, how it works, and how it helps.
English File Vocabulary Calendar PDF ( 77 KB )
English File Videos
Our YouTube channel features videos to support your teaching and to develop new skills.
Student's Site (Espansioni)
Practise your English on the New English File website.