With a wide range of exciting new digital material, including all new documentaries, this new edition of American English File is still the number one course to get your students talking.
- Language Level: From Starter to Level 5 (A1-C1)
American English File Second Edition retains the popular methodology developed by world-renowned authors Christina Latham-Koenig and Clive Oxenden: language + motivation = opportunity. With grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation practice in every lesson, students are equipped with a solid foundation for successful speaking.
And a new array of digital resources provides even more choice and flexibility. Students can learn in the classroom or on the move with Online Practice, iChecker, the Pronunciation App, and more.
- Student Book with Online Practice
- Workbook with iChecker
- Multi-Pack A with Online Practice and iChecker
- Multi-Pack B with Online Practice and iChecker
- Teacher’s Book with Testing Program CD-ROM
- Class Audio CDs
- Class DVD
- Advanced level completes comprehensive six-level curriculum
- 75% brand new content motivates students with fresh topics
- Engaging videos develop communication skills through real-life examples and scenarios
- Grammar, Vocabulary and Pronunciation in each lesson
- iChecker contains Progress Checks and Workbook audio material to develop learner independence and self-assessment
- Pronunciation app with interactive sounds chart and pronunciation games
- Testing Program CD-ROM provides a complete range of tests
- Oxford Online Practice offers students targeted and motivating practice to improve reading, writing, listening and speaking. Teachers can also use our online Learning Management System to easily manage and measure student progress
Speaking and pronunciation activities on every page help students to become confident in speaking. There are also extra mini-speaking activities in the Sound and Vocabulary Banks.
Exciting new digital material provides more opportunities for students to speak than ever before, both in and out of the classroom. Brand-new video, Online Practice, iChecker and the Pronunciation App all provide more practice for students in and out of the classroom.
With a solid language foundation and so many opportunities for speaking, it’s no surprise that American English File Second Edition is the course that gets everyone talking.
Take a look inside American English File Second Edition by watching this video:
Oxford Online Practice provides support and development of all four language skills, providing effective practice framed within common and accessible themes and topics, mapped to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Step-by-step student support – Each learning module follows an Engage-Explore-Task-Reflect activity sequence to ensure that students practise and learn effectively on their own.
- Aligned to the CEFR – Give your students practice at the level that’s right for them, with self-check ‘Can-do’ statements at the end of each module.
- Media-rich – Motivate your students with compelling visual content including videos, interactive info-graphics and striking photography on culturally diverse topics.
- Flexible – Reorder content and decide how and when you want to assign homework: ideal for differentiated learning.
- Adaptable – Create your own new content to meet the needs of your students, including your own speaking and writing tasks, tests, discussions and live chat, and uploading videos, audio, or powerpoint presentations.
- Measurable – Monitor your students’ progress with a wide range of management tools.
The access code for Online Practice is in the Student’s Book.
Each American English File second edition Student Book corresponds to the following Online Practice levels:
|Student Book with Online Practice||ISBN||Oxford Online Skills Program, Bundle 1|
Encourage students to learn and practice sounds, words and sentences in context, with the Pronunciation App that gets students talking.
Available for iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch®, and Android™, it's a great way to improve students' speaking on the go.
- practise over 800 useful words
- try out over 200 example sentences
- record and listen to themselves as many times as they want
- 'click and listen' with the interactive Sounds Chart
- enjoy learning with the pronunciation practice game
- switch between American and British English sounds
Available on the App Store and Google Play.
Institutions can also buy access codes for students. Find out more information.
Features to look out for:
- Improve pronunciation: Repeat audio, record yourself, and compare to original.
- Improve listening: Slow down audio to hear each word clearly.
- Split screen video/activity: Video stays on screen while you move around pages making it easy to watch and work.
- Automatically marked, interactive activities.
- Personalize your e-book: Save written or spoken notes anywhere on the page. Use the pen tool to draw and highlight.
- Easy to get around: Bookmarks, jump to page, thumbnail sorter.
In this video, Stacey Hughes, Professional Development Services Teacher Trainer, demonstrates how you can use American English File e-books in the classroom to teach a lesson and engage adult learners.