Still the world’s most trusted adult English course – American Headway Third edition combines a perfectly-balanced syllabus with more conversation, assessment and digital teaching and learning resources than ever before.
- Language Level: A1 – C1
American Headway is the course you can always trust. Its proven methodology – focus on grammar, clear vocabulary syllabus, integrated skills work – was developed by award-winning authors John and Liz Soars to give you lessons that really work in class. The third edition supports students to succeed beyond the classroom more than ever before with:
- More conversation to help students accelerate their progress in speaking
- 100% new downloadable assessment to prepare students for success in high-stake tests
- A new digital teaching and learning package to engage students in and beyond the classroom
- Clear focus on grammar
- Balanced, integrated-skills syllabus
- 75% new content engages learners with fresh topics
- More speaking opportunities
- 100% new assessment available to download from the Testing Program
- Oxford Online Skills Program offers students targeted practice to improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills – 30 hours per level
- iChecker Online Self-Assessment provides students with automatically graded online self-assessment to prepare to standardized tests.
American Headway third edition supports students to succeed beyond the classroom more than ever before.
- Accelerate their progress in speaking and prepare for high-stake tests with more conversation.
- Manage their own learning with new digital resources.
- The Oxford Online Skills Program allows students to improve their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills independently.
- iChecker Online Self-Assessment prepares students for exam success with a variety of exam-style test preparation exercises.
- Download 100% new assessment material from the Testing Program.
- Create a dynamic classroom environment with classroom presentation software.
What do teachers love about American Headway?
Teachers from around the world tell us what they love about American Headway.
Take a look at our short tutorial videos, webinar recordings, and guides to help you get started, manage your account, and use the learning management tools. Go to www.oup.com/elt/teachonline
iChecker Online Self-Assessment allows students to manage their own learning and consolidate their knowledge.
- Prepare for exam success: Online test preparation lessons help students to apply their knowledge in an exam format, preparing them for success on the TOEFL® IBT and other standardized exams.
- Receive instant feedback: Interactive and automatically graded activities provide students with instant feedback for independent learning and improvement.
- Review all key learning points: Progress checks for each unit ensure that students review what they have learned in class.
Classroom Presentation ToolDeliver heads-up lessons with the Classroom Presentation Tool, a digital resource for the front of the class with an extensive range of easy-to-use features.
- Download to your tablet or computer, connect to an interactive whiteboard, projector or screen and teach lessons that run smoothly – every time.
- Play audio and video at the touch of a button. Capture your students’ attention with the Focus tool: activities fill the screen so that everyone can participate, even large classes.
- Take your classroom presentation tool with you and plan your lessons online or offline, across your devices. Save your web links and make notes directly on the page – all with one account.
Testing ProgramThe Testing Program can be used to extend students' learning, with 100% new assessment material available to download online.
- Increased flexibility:Tests can be downloaded online and can be sent to classes as a digital version, or used as a print version.
- Wide range of testing material:
- Unit tests
- Skills Test
- Stop & check tests
- Progress tests
- Exit tests