- Product Information
- Teaching Resources
Jann Huizenga (Levels 1 and 2)
Jann and Linda Huizenga (Level 3)
Memorable readings from true life combined with idioms and vocabulary development.
- The series is designed for adults and young adults, and combines a holistic approach to reading with a thorough treatment of high-frequency idioms, phrasal verbs and fixed expressions.
- Highly unusual, true-life stories from around the world immediately capture students' interest. The stories progress in length and difficulty throughout each book and the series.
- Common and essential idioms are presented in engaging contexts that provide clear meaning and a natural use of new vocabulary. Idioms and expressions are systematically practised and recycled.
- Lively comic-style illustrations and tapes provide richly contextualized visual and aural reinforcement of content and idioms.
- Ample opportunities for producing idioms in speaking and writing are provided through story retelling, thought-provoking personal questions, dialogue production and dictation.
- Review units provide additional practice of form and meaning of idioms in enjoyable new contexts.
- A complete Lexicon offers further information on collocations, grammar, synonyms and antonyms.
- Join the Oxford Teachers' Club for free access to the Can You Believe It? website, which offers quizzes and answer keys for each level.