English File Intermediate Plus
Gets you talking
Christina Latham-Koenig and Clive Oxenden
Kate Chomacki and Jerry Lambert
English File's unique, lively and enjoyable lessons are renowned for getting students talking. In fact, 90% of English File teachers we surveyed in our impact study found that the course improves students' speaking skills.
Cross the intermediate threshold with confidence.
Intermediate Plus is a level specially designed for students on the ‘intermediate plateau’ with a tailor-made syllabus to give them extra practice and support, allowing them to consolidate their language and improve their skills to approach B2 with confidence.
- Student's Book with Online Practice
- Workbook with key
- Workbook without key
- Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Resource Centre
- Student's Book/Workbook Multi-Pack A
- Student's Book/Workbook Multi-Pack B
- Student's Book e-book
- Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool
- Student's Book Classroom Presentation Tool
- Class Audio CDs
- Class DVDs
- Online Practice
- Say It: English Pronunciation app
- Teacher's Resource Centre
- Build confidence in listening and reading through exposure to a greater variety of texts and speakers.
- Improve grammatical accuracy and range of vocabulary in order to express themselves more clearly and fluently.
- Practise linking ideas, adding detail and giving explanations.
- Learn to express opinions on more abstract topics and in more unpredictable situations.
- NEW and updated texts, topics and listenings, based on feedback from English Fileteachers.
- NEW Video Listening activity integrated in to each even-numbered File. These short films make class time more dynamic and exciting.
- NEW Online Practice provides learners with extra learning tools and practice activities for each lesson and allows them to check their progress every File.
- NEW interactive videos enable students to listen and record themselves as part of the Rob and Jenny drama.
The course offers a range of materials that you can use according to your student's needs and the time and resources you have available:
Student's Book with Online Practice allows students to practise and develop their language skills, catch up on lessons they have missed and track progress with Online Practice.
Student's Book e-book and Online Practice are both available to purchase indivdually.
Workbook reinforces each lesson and can be used as extra practise during class, or set as homework.
Enhanced Video integrated into the Student's Book. Video listenings integrated into each File and Practical English activities follow the entertaining drama with Rob and Jenny.
Extra Video on Online Practice with Sound Bank Videos that give the students the unique opportunity to listen to a clear model of the English sounds and interactive videos that allow students to practise the langauge from the Practical English lessons.
The Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Resource Centre gives you everything you need to create flexible lessons that work for your students.
Student's Book Classroom Presentation Tool and Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool show the course content, on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
Quick Tests and File tests for every File, as well as Progress Tests, an End-of-course Test, and an Entry Test, which you can use at the beginning of the course.
Why is English File co-author Christina Latham-Koenig so excited about the launch?
- All the Student's Book audio/video files and scripts
- Detailed lesson plans from the Teacher's Guide
- Answer keys
- All the photocopiable activities from the Teacher's Guide, including customisable versions
- All the Workbook audio files and scripts
- Tests and assessment material, including: an Entry Test;
- Progress Tests; an End-of-course Test; a Quick Test for every File; and complete test for every File. There are A and B versions of all the main tests and audio files for all the
- Listening tests
- CEFR documents
Watch the video below to hear Co-author Christina explain how the team finds interesting material for the books.
- Look again: students can review language from every lesson.
- Practice: extra Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking practice. Plus extra video content that includes:
- Interative video to practise the language from the Practical English lessons that follow the Rob and Jenny drama
- Sound Bank videos offer students the unique opportunity to watch and listen to a clear model of the English sounds
- Video listening activities integrated into each File.
- Check your progress: students can test themselves, get instant feedback, and try an extra challenge.
- Resources: All Student's Book audio, scripts, wordlists, dyslexia-friendly texts, and CEFR Language Portfolio. The access card for Online Practice can be found at the back of the Student's Book.
Classroom Presentation ToolThe Student's Book Classroom Presentation Tool and Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool capture students' attention with full-screen activities, audio and video on screen.
- Deliver the Student's Book on-screen via your interactive whiteboard, projector or classroom display device.
- Launch activities straight from the page, and play audio and video at the touch of a button.
- Use online or offline, on a tablet or computer, and your notes and web links will update across your devices.
- Quick and easy set up on Oxford Learner's Bookshelf.
Student packsFully flexible learning for every situation. Whether your students are learning face-to-face, remotely, or a mixture of the two - there's a pack to suit your class.
|Student Book with Online Practice||Student Digital Pack||Student Book with Digital Pack|
|Student Book (print)||✔||✔|
|Student Book e-book||✔||✔|
|Online Practice (for students)||✔||✔||✔|
Teacher packsBoth our teacher's packs provide everything you need to create flexible lessons that work for your students, no matter whether you are teaching face-to-face or remotely.
|Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Resource Centre||Teacher Digital Pack|
|Teacher's Guide (print)||✔|
|Digital Teacher's Guide (PDF)||✔||✔|
|Student Book Classroom Presentation Tool||✔|
|Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool||✔|
|Online Practice (for teachers)||✔||✔|
For English File Intermediate Plus (18)
Print Student Book and 2 years' access to Student e-book, Workbook e-book, Onlin...
2 years' access to Student e-book, Workbook e-book, Online Practice and Student ...
4 years' access to Teacher's Guide (PDF), Classroom Presentation Tools, Online P...