English File fourth edition Upper-Intermediate
Gets you talking
Christina Latham-Koenig and Clive Oxenden
Kate Chomacki and Jerry Lambert
English File's unique, lively and enjoyable lessons are renowned for getting students talking. In fact, 90% of English File teachers we surveyed in our Oxford Impact Study found that the course improves students' speaking skills.*
How will English File get your students talking?
Lessons and activities provide the language, motivation and opportunity students need to speak conifidently. Students are gradually introduced to authentic listening and reading.
Students build their confidence with a proven balance of Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation and Skills Development in every File.
Teachers and students have access to all their English File resources - video, audio and worksheets - in one easy-to-manage place.
*The English File Oxford Impact Study was conducted in January and February 2018. Oxford Impact is how Oxford University Press evaluates its educational products and services so that teachers and learners can be sure that our resources make a positive difference.
- Student's Book with Online Practice
- Workbook with key
- Workbook without key
- Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Resource Centre
- Student's Book/Workbook Multi-Pack A
- Student's Book/Workbook Multi-Pack B
- Student's Book e-book
- Say it app
- Student's Book Classroom Presentation Tool
- Class Audio CDs
- Class DVDs
- Online Practice
- Say It: English Pronunciation app
- NEW and updated texts, topics and listenings, based on feedback from English File teachers.
- NEW Teacher's Resource Centre allows you to manage all English File resources and teaching materials in one place online.
- NEW Classroom Presentation Tools show the course content on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
- NEW Online Practice provides learners with extra practice activities for each File and allows them to check their progress.
- NEW Video Listening activity integrated in to each even-numbered File. These short films provide support with listening and make class time more dynamic and motivating.
- Colloquial English lessons feature video interviews which help students to focus on natural spoken language.
- NEW Conversation feature allow students to observe authentic, unscripted conversations in English and learn and practise features of natural conversation to express their own ideas.
The course offers a range of materials that you can use according to your student's needs and the time and resources you have available:
Student's Book with Online Practice allows students to practise and develop their language skills, catch up on lessons they have missed and track progress with Online Practice.
Workbook reinforces each lesson and can be used as extra practise during class, or set as homework.
Enhanced Video integrated into the Student's Book. Video listenings integrated into each File and Practical English activities follow the entertaining drama with Rob and Jenny.
Extra Video on Online Practice with Sound Bank Videos that give the students the unique opportunity to listen to a clear model of the English sounds and interactive videos that allow students to practise the langauge from the Practical English lessons.
The Teacher's Guide with Teacher's Resource Centre gives you everything you need to create flexible lessons that work for your students.
Student's Book Classroom Presentation Tool and Workbook Classroom Presentation Tool show the course content, on screen, making it easier than ever for teachers to deliver heads-up, engaging lessons.
Quick Tests and File tests for every File, as well as Progress Tests, an End-of-course Test, and an Entry Test, which you can use at the beginning of the course.
Why is English File co-author Christina Latham-Koenig so excited about the launch?
- All the Student's Book audio/video files and scripts
- Detailed lesson plans from the Teacher's Guide
- Answer keys
- All the photocopiable activities from the Teacher's Guide, including customisable versions
- All the Workbook audio files and scripts
- Tests and assessment material, including: an Entry Test;
- Progress Tests; an End-of-course Test; a Quick Test for every File; and complete test for every File. There are A and B versions of all the main tests and audio files for all the
- Listening tests
- CEFR documents
Watch the video below to hear Co-author Christina explain how the team finds interesting material for the books.
- Look again: students can review language from every lesson.
- Practice: extra Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking practice. Plus extra video content that includes:
- Interative video to practise the language from the Practical English lessons that follow the Rob and Jenny drama
- Sound Bank videos offer students the unique opportunity to watch and listen to a clear model of the English sounds
- Video listening activities integrated into each File.
- Check your progress: students can test themselves, get instant feedback, and try an extra challenge.
- Resources: All Student's Book audio, scripts, wordlists, dyslexia-friendly texts, and CEFR Language Portfolio. The access card for Online Practice can be found at the back of the Student's Book.
- Deliver the Student's Book on-screen via your interactive whiteboard, projector or classroom display device.
- Launch activities straight from the page, and play audio and video at the touch of a button.
- Use online or offline, on a tablet or computer, and your notes and web links will update across your devices.
- Quick and easy set up on Oxford Learner's Bookshelf.
For English File fourth edition Upper-Intermediate (12)