Four-level English course with a simple approach that helps adults learn quickly - one page, one lesson, one focus.
- Level: Beginner to Intermediate (A1-B1)
An easy-to-use course for adults who either want to learn English quickly for a specific purpose - such as travel - or who just prefer a much more straightforward approach to learning.
Each page is one complete lesson, and each lesson has just one learning focus.
Teacher support includes an interleaved Teacher's Book, extra materials, and resources for interactive whiteboards.
- Student's Book with/without MultiROM
- Teacher's Book Pack
- Workbook (with key)
- Workbook (without key)
- Class Audio CDs
- English for Life iTools (Beginner, Elementary)
- One-page lessons - a simple approach for students and teachers
- Positive 'Now I can' learning goal in every lesson
- Real-life language focus (English for Everyday Life lessons)
- Customizable test CD and extra photocopiables in the Teacher's Book Pack
- Resources for interactive whiteboards - English for Life iTools (lower levels)
Author Tom Hutchinson says:
"English for Life is designed for learners and teachers who want a simple and direct approach to learning English.
Such learners include those who have little time available, those who prefer learning in a clear, straightforward way, or those who aren't really interested in English itself but need it for a specific reason, such as work or study."
The design and structure of the book reflects those aims very clearly: one page, one lesson, one focus.
One page is one complete lesson - simple. You know exactly what you'll cover in the lesson, and so will students.
One learning focus per lesson - again, simple. Each lesson covers Vocabulary, Grammar, Skills, or English for Everyday Life, and each lesson ends with a positive 'Now I can' learning goal.
These goals help learners to see their progress on a lesson-by-lesson basis, and that helps them see that they're getting closer to their overall learning goals.