Shortlisted - ESU English Language Awards 2016
Finalist - The British Council 2017 ELTons Innovation Awards
Navigate combines information-rich topics, state-of-the-art-methodology, and a modern blended package to provide the complete course for the 21st century adult and young adult learner.
- Ниво A1-C1
Navigate takes an innovative approach to language learning with a state of-the-art syllabus based on the latest research and practical teacher feedback.
- Workbook with/without key
- Coursebook e-book
- Oxford Online Skills Program
- Oxford Online Language Practice
- Oxford English for Work
- Teacher’s Guide and Resource Disc
- e-book Teacher’s edition
- Class Audio CDs
- Classroom Presentation Tool
- Coursebook and Workbook e-book pack
- Innovative approach to skills development focused on targeted, language-based activities.
- Information-rich topics and texts immerse adult learners in themes and issues from around the world so that learning English is more relevant
- Driven by learning outcomes and end goals of adult learners, so that learners can make the most of their time
- Based on the Oxford 3000™ so learners are only covering the most relevant vocabulary for them
- Extra supporting videos for teachers from Series Advisor Catherine Walter
Navigate's contemporary, information-rich topics appeal to today’s learners seeking future success in social, professional, and academic arenas.
The state-of-the-art methodology is backed up by latest research and practical teacher feedback to promote accuracy, fluency, and development of all four skills.
The innovative approach to reading and listening with targeted, language-based activities helps learners improve their ability in comprehension.
Making the most of Navigate’s innovative syllabus
- Before every lesson you can watch a 60-second overview from Series Adviser Catherine Walter to set you up for the day's class. These videos are included on the Teacher Support and Resource Disc.
- Get to grips with the course methodology with articles on Reading, Listening, Grammar, Vocabulary, Photocopiables, the CEFR, and Testing, from expert course consultants and advisers.
- Extensive lesson notes with additional pedagogical support offers tips on areas such as differentiation, critical thinking and smart communication.
- Photocopiables for extra grammar, vocabulary, and communication practice in each unit – plus vox-pop video worksheets.
- Editable unit, progress, and exit tests.
- Extra resources and support on the Teacher’s website help to make lesson planning easier.
- The Coursebook and Workbook are both available as fully interactive e-books.
- Lesson overview videos.
- Wordlists, audio and video scripts, Student Study Record.
- Integrated video and audio you can access straight from the page.
- Improve pronunciation with repeat, record, and compare feature.
- Audio can be slowed down to hear every word clearly.
- Instant marking helps learners check their progress.
- Learners can write and save notes on every page.
Available for iPad and Android tablets via the Oxford Learner’s Bookshelf app, through iTunes and Google Play, and online for computer at www.oxfordlearnersbookshelf.com.
Both learner e-books are available as a pack, accessed through a single code. Those buying Navigate e-books in-app will need to purchase the Coursebook and Workbook separately.
Also available is a Teacher’s edition e-book, providing all the Coursebook content with additional teacher’s notes and resources throughout.
- Automatic marking helps learners check progress and learn from their mistakes.
- Learners can email a page to you to mark, or to add to their learning portfolio.
The Teacher’s edition e-book is, in addition, easy to use and navigate as a classroom presentation tool:
- You can complete activities while you watch.
- Write - or record - sticky notes and save them anywhere on the page.
- Expand images and use them in class for activities and discussion.
Our online practice courses give your learners targeted extra practice at a level that is right for them. Supported by the online Learning Management System, teachers and administrators can assign media-rich activities for the classroom or at home, and measure learners’ progress.Oxford Online Skills Program
- Helps learners focus further on developing their Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing skills, in the classroom or at home.
- Modular skills practice aligned to the CEFR – with self-check 'can-do' statements at the end of each module.
- Media rich activities, with video, audio and interactive infographics, to engage students.
- Management tools allow teachers to monitor progress with easy-to-view overviews, as well as more in-depth reports.
- Packaged with all Navigate Coursebooks, with extra top-up modules for both general English and Academic English available to purchase online.
Oxford Online Language Practice
- Puts the spotlight on building up student’s Vocabulary and Grammar with the same instant support, striking design and management tools as Oxford Online Skills Program.
- Topic-based approach, with Grammar and Vocabulary integrated within a coherent learning journey.
- Support for students includes printable Grammar and Vocabulary reference and Wordlists.
- Packaged with the Navigate Premium pack or stand-alone.
- Introduces and practises key work skills for in-work or pre-work learners.
- Allows learners who want vocationally relevant materials to choose extra work in these areas.
- Each level is divided into three courses: Telephoning skills, Socializing skills, Writing skills.
- Highly practical language, which is immediately transferable to the workplace.
- Dynamic visual content including striking photography and infographics.
- Packaged with the Navigate Premium pack or stand-alone.